This Baked Zucchini recipe is a great side dish if you decide to have fish or chicken for dinner.
This recipe is a good one to try if you are doing the 7 Day-Junk Foods to Super Foods Challenge because it mixes up quickly and is nice and light, yet tasty.
If you want to cut down on the amount of olive oil the recipe calls for, use a Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. It is a handy tool for reducing calories without losing flavor.
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 2 medium-sized Zucchini
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- ½ Onion chopped
- 3 Plum Tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Basil Leaves chopped (use 2 teaspoons Dried Basil, if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Celery Leaves from inner stalks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil substitute avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F
- Slice zucchini in half crosswise
- Cut each half again lengthwise and slice each of the halves into equal-sized pieces so they resemble sticks
- In a bowl, toss together to the zucchini sticks, green onions, onions, tomatoes, basil and celery leaves
- Mix in the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Pour into a 3-quart baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.