Last week I was asked to speak to a group of kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders about nutrition.
I thought I’d share the healthy popcorn trick I taught them. With this trick, you get beautiful, fluffy popcorn without using oil.
It might just help you keep your hand out of the candy dish.
HEALTHY MICROWAVE POPCORN
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- ¼ cup Popcorn kernels
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Olive oil sprayed on with a Misto Olive Oil Sprayer or melted butter optional
- Salt optional
- Pour the popcorn into the lunch bag
- Fold over the top of the bag 2 times & tape shut
- Put in microwave for 2 ½ to 3 ½ minutes
- Listen for popping to slow down to 3 sec. apart, and stop the microwave
- Put popcorn in a bowl. If you like you can spritz with olive oil or add butter and salt
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.