A 500 calorie diet is a very low-calorie diet that you can use to jump-start your weight loss. To achieve the best 500 calorie diet results, you need to…
500 Calorie Diet Results Overview
- Choose nutrient-dense foods over calorie-dense foods.
- Make non-starchy vegetables a top food choice
- Avoid sugar and processed foods
- Limit your eating occasions during the day to pack in more volume per meal
- Have your plan ready and prepare your meals at the beginning of the week
Misery loves company, so I recruited two family members to join me in eating only 500 calories a day for 5 days.
Read More “500 Calorie Diet Results: For 5 Days My Family Ate 500 Calories, Here’s What Happened, And Why We Loved The Results”
[Guest Post by Nicole Noel, editor of HighStyleLife]
What came first, stress or weight gain?
And better still, how to curb both?
For most people, high stress levels are a trigger for appetite changes and increased food intake – and reaching for the cookie jar every time anxiety goes up a notch is a shortcut to extra pounds.
But why do we eat more when exposed to stress, and how can we turn the tables on stress-caused hunger spikes?
Read More “How Stress Influences Weight Gain and How to Fight It”
How to Tell if a Snack is Healthy…
You’re at a meeting, and you come face-to-face with a basket full of snacks.
Which snack do you pick if you want to stay healthy and not wreck your diet?
It’s downright confusing.
You find yourself staring at the spread of delicious choices like a deer in the headlights.
- This one has a fancy name – Biscotti – that sounds healthy.
- Oh, there’s some dark chocolate, that’s good for you, right?
- An oatmeal crème pie! I love those! Does the oatmeal make it an okay choice?
Let’s face it, choosing snacks to eat for healthy weight loss can be a muddled mess.
Read More “Which Snack Would You Pick to Stay Healthy and NOT Wreck Your Diet?”