Here is a recipe that is warm, delicious and super easy – only four ingredients – my kind of cooking :-)
If you are trying to get your health on track by eating more Super Foods, then this is a good place to start.
You can make this as a dessert for after dinner if you are looking for a nice alternative to the typical processed and refined deserts.
But, if you are eating Super Foods as a weight control plan, then I recommend making this a breakfast item because you will give your body an opportunity to use the fruits for energy early in the day.
Cook it up the night before because it will take 45 minutes in the oven. When you get up the next morning simply reheat it in the microwave or oven.
Apple and Peach Delight
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 2 Peaches sliced; use 1 and ½ cups of frozen peach slices for an easy option
- 1 Apple sliced
- 2 tablespoon Raisins try Figs as a tasty substitution
- ½ tablespoon Cinnamon more if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch oven-safe baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Place all ingredients in the baking dish and toss together lightly
- Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the apples are soft
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.