Whether you call them garbanzo beans or chickpeas, when you roast them they not only taste great, they are a great source of fiber and protein, which makes them a good choice as a snack or salad topper.
If you are trying to stick to a clean eating plan, this simple recipe will do the trick.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Calories per serving 120
Garbanzo Bean Recipe
GOOD HEALTH GARBANZO’S
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 1 15-oz. can Garbanzo Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil substitute avocado oil
- ½ Tablespoon Mrs. Dash’s Original Blend Salt-Free Seasoning substitute another herbal blend
- ½ Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine beans, olive oil, Mrs. Dash, oregano, and salt.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a shallow baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.