Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
Recipe | Video | Handling Leftovers
Real whipped cream is made by whipping cream :). Here is our keto whipped cream recipe.
The secret is cold ingredients and utensils.
Watch Us Make Our Whipped Cream Recipe
Ingredients Could Not Be Simpler
If you are the type of cook that likes simple recipes, then this keto whipped cream recipe is right down your alley!
1. Heavy Whipping Cream
2. Non-Caloric Sweetener
You will simply pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl, add a non-caloric sweetener, and mix the ingredients until the cream forms peaks.
If you live outside of the U.S., you might refer to heavy whipping cream as heavy cream or simply cream.
You can choose to use a variety of non-caloric sweeteners when the make your keto whipped cream recipe. We prefer Swerve Confectioners All-Natural Sweetener for both consistency and taste
You may be able to find Swerve Confectioner in the health food aisle of your grocery store. If it’s not there, you can grab it off of Amazon.
The Secret to Great Whipped Cream
Our whipped cream recipe has only two ingredients and requires only two kitchen tools!
Two Kitchen Tools:
1. A Hand Mixer
2. A Mixing Bowl
The trick to getting your whipped cream to form nice, stiff peaks is to get the mixing bowl, the beaters for your blender, and the cream ice-cold.
You do that, by sticking them in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
When they are nice and cold, take all three items out of the freezer. Place the heavy cream and the Swerve into the bowl and whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
You’re all done! You can add more sweetener if you prefer. The keto whipped cream goes great on top of our Low-Carb “Dessert” Hot Chocolate recipe.
Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
Keto Whipped Cream
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 1.5 cups Heavy (Whipping) Cream
- 1 teaspoon Swerve Confectioners All-Natural Sweetener
- Your whipped cream will be made using a blender and mixing bowl. It will form better if the heavy cream and mixing materials are very cold.
- Stick a medium-size mixing bowl, beaters from the blender, and heavy cream into the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Take all materials out of the freezer. Place the heavy cream and the Swerve into the bowl. Whip the cream on the highest blender setting for a couple of minutes or until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Do not over mix.
The recipe provides you with a lot of whipped cream. If you’d like to save some for later, feel free to stick the leftovers in the freezer.
The recipe freezes and defrosts nicely.
About the Author:
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.