This beef vegetable soup recipe contains beans, whole grains and (of course) veggies making it a good meal for those of you transitioning from a junk food diet to a super foods diet.
Choosing Soup Ingredients
The quality of the meat you choose matters. The best choice is grass-fed beef, but this will also be the most expensive option.
If you’re unable to add grass-fed beef, you can use organic beef or use regular beef from your local grocer.
You can also substitute chicken for beef in this vegetable soup recipe.
Beef Vegetable Soup
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 8 cups Water
- 2 Soup Bones
- 1 pound Beef Cubes
- 1 cup Dried Beans I use a bag of dried beans, such as a bean soup mix
- 2 Beef Stew Seasoning Packets
- ¾ cup Brown Rice not minute rice
- 2 16-oz. bags frozen Vegetables for Soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the water, soup bones, beef cubes, dried beans and beef stew seasoning packets in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes
- Add rice
- Continue to simmer soup for another 45 minutes.
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.