This is a versatile recipe that you can prepare on Sunday and eat throughout the week as a side dish or mixed in with other foods.
How to Enjoy Green Cabbage Slaw
While this can be eaten by itself as a side dish. I like to add it as a topper for bean dishes, like Dad’s Easy Chili. For me, the coolness of this dish along with its crunchy texture makes it a good pairing for spicy bean dishes.
You can also put a big scoop of it on top of a mixed green salad. This will double up on your veggies and cut down on the amount of salad dressing you need.
Green Cabbage Slaw
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 14 ounce bag of Slaw Mix substitute a head of Green Cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium-sized Tomato diced
- ½ small White or Yellow Onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Roughly squeeze and massage the cabbage to wilt it and make the tomatoes release their juices
- Taste test and add more lime or seasonings, if desired
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.