Dad’s Easy Chili (A Family Favorite!)
I would have to say of all of my family’s favorite comfort-food meals, this chili recipe tops the list.
We use canned beans to make it easy, but canned beans do contain some sugars and preservatives (This is a compromise for us for convenience). If you would like to avoid these additives, you can use dried beans.
This recipe does not call for meat, just beans.
You can add to the nutritional value in a few different ways…
- Put a scoop of cooked Quinoa or Shaytard’s Quinoa Salad on top. This is super filling and super healthy!
- I have added a scoop of Green Cabbage Slaw on top in the past. This makes for a nice blending of textures.
- My husband likes to chop up an onion and sprinkle it on top to add some crunch.
Enjoy! And, let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments below!
Dad’s Easy Chili
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 3 15-oz. cans Dark Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 3 15-oz. cans Light Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 3 15-oz. cans Chili Beans
- 1 15-oz. can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 2 15-oz. cans Mexican-Style Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Sliced Jalapenos to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.