The more convenient you can make your diet, the more likely you are to stick with it.
Finding a healthy canned soup makes eating for health and weight loss easier if you know what to look for.
Here’s What to Look for When Choosing a Healthy Canned Soup:
1. Tomato-based or vegetable-broth-based (skip cream soups because of the high fat; skip soups with noodles)
2. Low sodium (i.e. less than 350 mg/serving)
3. Choose boxed soups (check the health food aisle) over canned soups, or choose BPA-free canned soups
Here’s How to Make Packaged Soup Healthier in an Instant:
1. Cook 1-2 cups of frozen vegetables (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.) in the microwave according to package directions.
2. Mix into warmed canned soup.
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.