As the cooler temperatures settle in, soup becomes wonderful comfort food.
This healthy version of Minestrone soup is satisfying without wrecking your diet.
You can even have a cup as a snack to ward off cravings!
NO PASTA MINESTRONE SOUP (Crock Pot)
courtesy of Dr. Becky Fitness
- 1 6-oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 16-oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 15-oz. cans Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. can Light Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small Zucchini cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 ½ cup Baby Spinach
- Add tomato paste, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, oregano, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, cannellini beans, and kidney beans to a 4-quart crock pot.
- Cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in zucchini and spinach and cook on high for 10 minutes.
About the Author
Dr. Becky Gillaspy, DC graduated Summa Cum Laude with research honors from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1991.